Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Oakland CA
Job Type: Part Time
Position: Caring, Genuine, Upbeat Family Assistant for 7-year-old in Rockridge (FILLED)
Schedule: Monday to Friday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Salary Amount or Range: $40-$45/hour (net) D.O.E. + Standard benefits (paid vacation, sick days, holidays)
Children: 7-year-old boy
Pets: one small dog and one cat
Bay Area Region: East Bay
Start date: June 1st (ideally)
A busy household with two full time working moms and a terrific 7-year old-boy is seeking an engaging, kind and patient Family Assistant to help with childcare and household tasks. Duties include school pick-up, driving to occasional afternoon activities, supervising homework and child’s chores, and light household support (laundry, errands, etc.).
Their son has ADHD but his symptoms are mild. A great candidate will have experience and interest in working with kids with ADHD or other kinds of neurodiversity. Their ideal person is kind and engaging, patient and playful. Their son loves board games, storytelling and someone who genuinely enjoys supporting children’s interests will be the best fit for them!
Family can provide a vehicle for work-related driving.
- 2 years minimum working as a Family Assistant with verifiable references
- Ideally previous experience or interest in working with children with ADHD
- Fluency in English
- COVID-vaccinated + boosted
- CPR Certified
- Valid driver with clean record (family can provide vehicle for work-related use)
- Experience and interest in working with kids with ADHD or other kinds of neurodiversity
- Patient, kind and playful
- Engaging – likes playing games (board games, storytelling, etc.)
- Genuinely enjoys working with kids and easily connects with children
- Can go with the flow, easygoing
- Comfortable setting boundaries but also flexible
- Can make a long term commitment (ideally 1-2 years minimum)
- School pick-up and driving to occasional afternoon activities
- Supervising homework and child’s chores
- Light tidying
- Laundry (child’s and bath/kitchen towels – no parent laundry)
- Running errands (grocery shopping, pharmacy, Target, etc.)
- Restocking household essentials
- Scheduling and taking in car for maintenance
- Meeting service vendors
- Caring for house plants (optional)
- Excellent communication
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.