Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Palo Alto CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Detail-Oriented and Highly Organized Family Assistant Needed in Palo Alto [FILLED]
Schedule: Monday to Friday 20-30 hours per week depending on candidate’s preference; 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Salary Amount or Range: $40-$45/hour D.O.E. + Standard benefits (paid vacation, sick days, holidays)
Children: 10 and 13 years old
Pets: 1 dog
Bay Area Region: Mid Peninsula
A family in Palo Alto is seeking a detail-oriented family assistant to help keep their home running smoothly. Their children (10-year-old girl and 13-year-old boy) are fairly self sufficient but do need some engagement, driving, and homework help. Finding someone who excels at organization and communication is their top priority as responsibilities include emailing, handling mail/returns, scheduling handyman/vendors, scheduling appointments and play dates, staying on top of school happenings, and so on. Additional duties include meal planning and food prep, light tidying, running errands, and family laundry.
Depending on the candidate’s preference they can guarantee 20-30 hours per week Monday to Friday. The core hours needed are 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., so for someone needing more hours they could start as early as 12 p.m.
They are looking for longevity and would love for this person to work with them for a few years. Ultimately the best FA is someone engaging and warm with excellent organizational and admin skills. The ideal candidate should have a great relationship with the kids, is a self-starter, and genuinely loves helping families.
- 2 years minimum experience working as a Family Assistant with excellent verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- COVID-vaccinated and boosted
- CPR Certified
- Valid driver with clean record (family can provide vehicle for work-related use)
- EXTREMELY organized
- Tech savviness
- Must have excellent and clear communication skills
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter
- Genuinely loves working as a family assistant and helping families
- Relaxed and easygoing while remaining professional
- Comfortable with dogs and pet care
- Experience travel planning for families
- Can make a long term commitment
- Planning activities
- Meal planning, prep and occasionally cooking for the family
- Errands such as grocery shopping, donation drop-offs, picking up school/household supplies, etc.
- Process mail and track down odd tasks: handyman, plumber, etc
- Keeping household essentials and grocery items stocked
- Read the school/scout/activity emails and plan the tasks
- Stay on top of school agendas, fielding emails from school
- Organizing family trips
- Driving the kids
- Scheduling play dates and fun activities
- Keeping kids on track with homework/school activities as well as cleaning up after themselves/pitching in around the house
- Research for travel
- Help with organization
- Laundry for family
- Light tidying
- Pet care: walking, feeding, scheduling and taking the dog to the groomer or vet
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.