Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Palo Alto CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Educational FT Nanny for Family in Palo Alto
Schedule: 40-45 hours/week guaranteed; See below for details
Salary Amount or Range: $45/hour D.O.E. + Standard benefits (paid vacation, sick days, holidays) + health stipend + support with/if continuing education
Children: 1 and 3 years old
Bay Area Region: Mid Peninsula
A private family in Palo Alto is seeking a seasoned full-time live-out nanny to join their team and help care for their 1-year-old and 3-year-old. Their ideal nanny has extensive newborn and toddler experience as well as a background in child development. The family is looking for a candidate who can provide structure, focus on the children’s education, and take charge when necessary, all while maintaining flexibility and showing respect for the family’s needs. The 3-year-old is currently in school part-time and the 1-year-old will begin part-time schooling as well in March 2024.
The nanny should be comfortable working as part of a team in a staffed home and be willing to contribute to household tasks as needed, including helping with family laundry, emptying the dishwasher, ordering supplies, and keeping common areas tidy. Previous experience in a similar role and deep understanding of the family’s need for flexibility are highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be well-educated, discreet, engaging, energetic and a team player. They should also be open to feedback and capable of maintaining boundaries while encouraging good manners and behavior in the children. Fostering a lover of learning is an important aspect of this role.
The family frequently travels both domestically and internationally, so the candidate should be willing and able to accompany them as needed (generally 5 domestic trips per year for 5 days, and one international trip per year for 2 weeks).
During a preliminary 3-month probationary period, the nanny will work Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 4pm-9pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 8pm. After the 3-month probationary period is over, the schedule will shift depending on the family’s needs (with full-time hours guaranteed). The family would prefer a 7 day on 7 day off schedule shared with their current nanny however flexibility in the schedule is paramount.
The family is offering $45/hour (commensurate with experience), guaranteed hours, 2 weeks’ PTO, 7 sick days, $150/day for travel or overnights, $400 monthly health stipend, and happy to help support continuing education (childcare and non-childcare classes)
- 2 years minimum experience working as a private nanny with excellent verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- Background in education preferred
- Fluency in Arabic or Chinese a plus but not required
- CPR Certified
- TB and Tdap vaccine
- Valid driver with clean record (family will reimburse for gas for trips within 5 miles and provide a household vehicle for anything further)
- Experienced with infants and toddlers with strong knowledge of child development/education
- Continuing / interest in continuing education in child development is a plus
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintains high level of professionalism
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to schedule changes, travel, etc.
- Engage with children and plan age-appropriate activities
- Keep structure in children’s routine
- Focus on children’s education
- Pitch-in with household tasks (family laundry, emptying dishwasher, ordering supplies, keeping common areas and children’s rooms tidy, etc.)
- Driving to/from school and activities
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.