Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Piedmont CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Exceptional Family Assistant for Teen in Piedmont
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40-50 hours IDEALLY SPLIT SHIFT 6:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Family has some flexibility)
Salary Amount or Range: $35-$45 / hour, D.O.E. + benefits
Bay Area Region: East Bay
START DATE: Early August
Busy CEO is seeking an exceptional family assistant for their 16-year-old son in Piedmont. This family is relocating to the Bay from Chicago and in need of a compassionate, proactive F.A. to help acclimate them to the area and help make their transition easier!
F.A.’s first priority will be caring for the 16-year old. Making sure he has healthy meals, oversee his homework, organize his high school schedule and calendar, take him to activities and help familiarize him with all the Bay has to offer! This person will also be required to do overnights once-twice a month (1-2 x nights at a time) as the parent will sometimes be traveling for work. This person should be familiar with the Piedmont area and can help connect the boy to social activities and other kids his age.
Ideally this person will arrive by 7 a.m., prepare breakfast and help their son get ready for the school day. Afternoons will be more relaxed, but dedicated to running errands, grocery shopping, prepping a healthy dinner and next day’s lunch, overseeing homework, driving to practice, organizing socializing and school activities, etc. It is difficult for their son to stay focused, so they really need an extra set of hands to keep his school life organized. He’s also very sport, loves track and creative writing!
- 4 years minimum working as a family assistant in a private home with verifiable references
- Experience with teens/older children mandatory
- Fluency in English
- Driver required (can provide household car)
- Some flexibility in schedule
- Experience supporting busy households with teenage children
- Ability and interest to connect Noah with other kids
- Strong calendaring skills
- Familiar with Piedmont area
- Good sense of humor
- Extroverted and outgoing
- Must be available for overnights
- Prioritize teen; keep him calm, organized and help him meet new friends / schedule activities
- Assist with executive functioning skills
- Research ways for teen to get involved with other children, sports, etc.
- Manage school calendar and schedule (activities, sports, social, etc.)
- Work up to 2 overnights per month (1-2 x nights each)
- Assist with Distance-learning
- Oversee homework
- Seek out and hire tutors; manage schedule
- Prepare healthy, well-balanced meals (fresh vegetables, proteins, carbs)
- Prepare healthy lunch and snacks for teen
- Run errands: grocery shopping, dry cleaning, etc.
- Keep pantry and household items stocked
- Keep teen’s room neat / make bed
- Keep home tidy and neat
- Liaise between parent and teachers
- Proficient in Google Calendar
- Extremely organized and on-top of things
- Comfortable taking the reins on managing school calendar, sports, social activities, etc.
- Excellent at making others’ lives easier!
- Active in researching needs (tutors, household staff, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.