Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Half Moon Bay CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: FT or PT Weekend Nanny for Newborn Twins and Toddler
Schedule: Part time Saturday and Sunday 7am-7pm, Could offer 32-40 hours with weekday afternoon evening hours to right candidate
Salary Amount or Range: $45-$50/hr see below for benefits
Children: newborn twins + 3 year old
Pets: 1 x German Shephard
Bay Area Region: Mid Peninsula
Active, warm family seeking a nanny to help care for infant twins, as well as assist with their 3-year-old brother. The nanny will be tag-teaming with the parents to provide loving, nurturing care for the children in the family’s home on weekend. The position will last at least one year, with the possibility of extension.
The ideal nanny would have extensive and recent experience working with infants and young babies, either in a family or childcare setting. Experience working with either twins/multiples or caring for multiple infants as in a nanny share is required. The nanny will be working as part of a team with the mother, a night nanny, and a weekday nanny, and occasional grandparent help, so they must be comfortable switching off duties throughout the day and communicating clearly with caregivers. We are looking for someone with a calm presence and a pitch-in attitude.
Note: nanny must be comfortable sharing the home with a large (but well trained) German shepherd dog, although he or she would not be responsible for his care and would not be left alone with him and the children. They also must be comfortable with a somewhat rural setting, and all that goes with that (occasional run-ins with spiders and snakes around the property).
Willingness to occasionally travel with the family for up to a week at a time is appreciated but not required.
Days: Saturday and Sunday
Hours 7am-7pm PST
Pay and benefits:
Benefits are as follows:
- PTO – 3 weeks (15 days), includes sick time, with maximum carryover/cap of 23 days
- Health insurance – employer covers monthly premiums for medical, dental, and vision at 100% for employee and 80% for dependents
- 401k plan with 4% match
If part-time, 48 hours/6 days paid sick time. Eligible for the 401k plan with 4% company match.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provide consistent, reliable care for the children, including feeding, changing, playtime, and accompanying to activities or outings.
- Create a nurturing and safe environment for the children to thrive.
- Place the children down for daily naps, create routine and schedule.
- Bath and dress the children.
- Provide safe and engaging environment to nurture the child
- Prepare nutritious meals/snacks for the children, including helping to introduce the babies to solids.
- Communicate with mom throughout the day.
- Take and load pictures to the family.
- Provide support to the parents in an approachable and open way.
- Step in and step out intuition; ability to both provide guidance and receive feedback.
- Order baby supplies as needed (e.g. diapers, wipes) and suggest baby products that would be helpful for the family.
- Light housekeeping duties as follows: baby laundry, wiping down car seat and stroller as needed, keeping diaper bag organized, washing bottles, picking up toys, cleaning child’s highchair and feeding area, changing diaper pail, and washing toys.
- Assist on outings with mother and all children.
- Maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Completion of satisfactory/clear background check.
- Maintain unexpired CPR certification (adult and infant) and First Aid Certification. Present as current upon hire date.
- Maintain up to date vaccinations, including COVID-19 vaccine and boosters, and without expiration. Proof of up-to-date vaccinations, including COVID-19, to be provided prior to hire date.
- Degree or certificate related to early childhood education or child development not required but appreciated.
- Must have a basic swimming ability; family has a small pool and may require assistance with baby swim classes.
- Regularly required to talk or hear; effectively communicate with the Children and Company.
- Frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to move about the Property.
- Occasionally lift, transport, and/or move up to 30 pounds, including up and down multiple flights of stairs in the residence.
- Physical ability to care for the Children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.