Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: San Francisco CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: FT Travel Nanny/Family Assistant for Household Based in SF and East Coast
Schedule: 4 days per week including weekends and evenings (see below for details)
Salary Amount or Range: $95k – $105,000/year DOE + Full health benefits + standard PTO (10 days vacation and 7 sick days)
Children: Infant (under 1 year old)
Bay Area Region: San Francisco
A family in SF is seeking a dedicated, loving, flexible and travel-ready Nanny/Family Assistant to join their team. They have an almost 1-year-old baby who will be starting daycare soon. Care is primarily for the baby on the weekends and will include a hybrid of childcare and household tasks during the weekdays.
Their ideal person loves to travel and is warm and engaging as well as discrete and professional. This person should be a team-player with an all-hands-on-deck mentality. This is a really wonderful opportunity for someone seeking a long term commitment and growth in their career.
This role requires 40% travel as the family splits their time between SF and their second residence on the East Coast. Travel includes domestic weekend trips and longer travel abroad or on the East Coast (usually 1-2 months but possibly more). This person should be excited about traveling and be passport-ready!
The schedule is four days per week either Friday to Monday, Saturday to Tuesday, or Thursday to Sunday – whichever this person prefers but with flexibility to shift the schedule as needed. This person will generally work 8 to 9-hour days unless the principals have an event/date night in which case they would need to stay later. This person will typically work 30-50 hours per week and usually end by 7 p.m. This role requires weekend coverage which will rotate every other month (3 weekends one month, 2 weekends the next month, 3 weekends the following month, 2 weekends the next and so on) unless this person prefers to work every weekend. This role will also alternate days and evenings during the weekdays. Flexibility is very important!
- 2 years minimum experience working as a private nanny / family assistant with excellent verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in a second language ideal (Spanish, Hindi, etc.)
- COVID-vaccinated + boosted
- TB and Tdap vaccine up to date
- CPR Certified
- Valid driver’s license with clean record (must have personal vehicle for work-related driving; family offers mileage reimibursement)
- Keep a valid U.S. Passport and be ready to travel with the family when requested (domestically and internationally). Travel will likely be many times throughout the year; some trips may be for longer periods of time, i.e. a month or so. They will try to give as much notice as possible, but some trips will be with shorter notice, so being travel ready is important.
- Be forward thinking, proactive, kind, friendly, and compassionate
- Work well within the household and team; collaborate with family and team as needed
- Pitch-in / no task is too small attitude
- Active and engaging
- Employ honesty, integrity, and good, level-headed, logical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discrete and professional
- Warm, loving
- Comfortable with dogs
- Provide exceptional care for the baby
- Help create safe and stimulating environment for child, as well as routines and schedules
Help child grow into kind, smart, confident, wonderful individuals
- Keep child’s best interests in mind
- Research activities, classes, schools, etc. and help with registration, enrollment and calendaring
- Baby laundry
- Tidying the nursery and play areas as well as common areas
- Rotating toys and updating clothing
- Help with introduction of solid foods
- Research different activities and baby classes
- Make travel/packing lists for baby / research activities for during travel
- Keep baby items stocked and documents like baby’s passport up to date
- Driving baby to/from activities and classes
- Keep baby on consistent schedule
- Prioritize child-related duties, i.e. bottle care, laundry, purchases, light meal prep, organization, packing, etc. for child
- Use technology when helpful/needed, such as apps for lighting, security, feeding and sleeping schedules, google docs/spreadsheets, etc.
- Submit expense reports for purchases
- Stay aware of latest research and product recalls as it relates to the child
- Maintaining tidiness
- Shopping for household essentials
- Taking trash out
- Loading/unloading dishwasher
- Some pet care including feeding / walking the dog if needed
- Occasional errands
- Help keep household running smoothly
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.