Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Hillsborough CA
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Estate Staff
Position: Household Assistant – Caregiver for Elderly Couple in Hillsborough
Schedule: 3-4-4-3 ROTA 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (including rotating weekends)
Salary Amount or Range: $35 to $45 per hour with overtime on payroll ($100,000+ annually)
Pets: German Shepard
Bay Area Region: Mid Peninsula
A family in Hillsborough, CA is seeking a Household Assistant-Caregiver to provide daily support and very light housekeeping and cooking for a friendly, elderly couple in their 80s. The ideal candidate is patient, warm, personable, and has experience working with seniors who need limited personal assistance at this time and seek a daily companion who can drive them on excursions, shopping, lunch visits with friends, and other appointments.
The couple have preexisting medical conditions which they monitor and manage themselves however the family would like the Household Assistant-Caregiver to accompany them to medical appointments and take notes and manage future appointments. The couple enjoys social outings as well so the Household Assistant – Caregiver should plan activities to keep the couple engaged and active while at home.
This is a fully staffed home which is managed by an Estate Manager and Personal Assistant and the home does have multiple housekeepers and a cook. There are 3 generations living in the home and a friendly German Shepard dog. The employer is the couple’s son who travels extensively for business and seeks 2 Household Assistant-Caregivers who will care for his parents 7 days a week. The position is split 3 days and 4 days with rotating weekends working.
Each Household Assistant-Caregiver is guaranteed compensation that equals 48 hours a week even when they work 3-12 hour shifts in a week.
- 3 years minimum experience working as a Household Assistant-Caregive with excellent verifiable references
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Spanish or Hindi is a plus
- Working vehicle with insurance for use on the job (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Clean driving record
- Must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be patient, kind, and personable
- Must be comfortable with an ostomy bag
- Must be comfortable working in a formal fully staffed home
- Medication management
- Scheduling and accompanying to medical appointments
- Companionship care
- Planning and accompanying to social outings
- Providing activities to support an engaged and active lifestyle
- Occasional help with food prep and tidying
- Excellent communication
- Attention to detail
- Highly organzied
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.