Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Redwood City CA
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Estate Staff
Position: Household Couple for Estate in Woodside, CA
Salary Amount or Range: Competitive Salary + Benefits (see below)
Pets: yes; cats
Bay Area Region: Mid Peninsula
Seeking a couple to manage a quiet, wooded, newly constructed home in Woodside, CA. The property has a private home for the caretakers.
The couple will be responsible for maintaining a newly constructed 8-acre property in the San Francisco Peninsula foothills with an expansive view of the hills. The residence is usually occupied by the owner and his girlfriend. His ex-wife is temporarily staying in the guest house, and their kids sometimes visit. The property includes a main house, guest house, caretaker home, tennis court and cabana, swimming pool and cabana, life-sized chess court, and two stand-alone garages.
The caretakers will work on demand for 5 to 6 days per week, but not to exceed 40 hours per week per person. They will personally tend to the following duties, and hire/manage additional people on behalf of the family as necessary to ensure everything is in order: daily cleaning of the home and occasionally the guest house, deep cleaning of the home and guest house as needed, landscape maintenance, gardening, home repair, keeping the cars clean, driving, shopping (for farm fresh ingredients whenever possible), cooking, serving at occasional parties, meetings or fundraisers, pet care (cleaning, feeding, walking), tennis court maintenance, pool maintenance, security, receiving, and home improvement projects.
The property is in a quiet, wooded area near beautiful state parks with ample hiking paths and horse trails. Woodside is a charming, rural town that dates back to the 1850’s, located about 30 minutes from San Francisco, 30 minutes from the Pacific Ocean, 10 minutes from Stanford University, 25 minutes from both San Franciso Airport and San Jose Airport, and 90 minutes from both Carmel and Napa Valley. The weather is mostly sunny and pleasant, with average high temperatures of 74 degrees, plus or minus 13 degrees depending upon the month.
The property has a secular, progressive owner who values kindness, nature, health, science and music. He aims to treat everyone with fairness, respect and good cheer. The caretakers should be positive, organized, flexible, and interested in a long term position.
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Exclusive use of newly constructed home
- Utilities and internet
- Health benefits
- Education subsidies (10 minutes away from Canada and Foothill community colleges)
- Paid holidays and two weeks vacation in first year, three weeks thereafter, at mutually agreeable times
- Use of a vehicle
- Personal pets are welcome
- 3 years minimum experience working as an Estate Couple with excellent verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- Conversational Spanish (ideal but not required)
- COVID vaccinated
- Valid driver with clean record
- CPR Certified
- Pet-friendly; experience with cats, love of animals (personal pets welcome)
- Property repair experience
- Professional cooking experience
- Domestic cleaning experience
- Comfortable with technology
Preferred but not required:
- Electrical, carpentry and plumbing expertise
- Security/police/military experience
- Musical performance skills
- Interest in accompanying owner on trips to Hawaii
- Daily cleaning of the home and occasionally the guest house
- Deep cleaning of the home and guest house as needed
- Landscape maintenance
- Home repair
- Keeping the cars clean
- Serving at occasional parties, meetings or fundraisers
- Pet care (cleaning, feeding, walking)
- Tennis court maintenance
- Pool maintenance
- Home improvement projects
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.