Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Palo Alto CA
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Estate Staff
Position: HP/UHNW Family In Palo Alto Seeks 2 Executive Chefs
Schedule: Full time
Salary Amount or Range: $193,515/yr – $213,885/yr ($93.04/hr – $102.83/hr) Excellent benefits package
Bay Area Region: South Peninsula
Professional Executive Chef will develop and prepare menus approved by the principals. They will ensure that health and safety standards are upheld, and food is served in a timely manner. The Executive Chef will make food requisitions and purchases, prepare, and cook meals, safely store all food according to standard. The Executive Chef will also confirm all kitchen(s) and kitchen equipment are working properly and kept clean at all times. They will plan and coordinate for dinner parties and events. All other duties as assigned.
A good knowledge of multiple cuisines with an emphasis on Asian Fusion and California cuisine
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan menus based on Principals and their guests’ dietary needs and preferences
- Understanding of how to prepare menus for people with special dietary needs
- Shop for or order groceries, pantry staples, and kitchen supplies
- Prepare meals in-home of principals
- Label meals properly so that Principals understand what they are eating.
- Manage food quantity, ensuring there is always something for Principals to grab when they choose
- Stock, organize and clean kitchens, pantries, and cooking utensils and appliances.
- Plan and prepare food for sit down dinners.
- Serve food and pour beverages for sit down dinners
- Maintain safe food handling skills.
- Keep up with culinary trends and techniques
- Manage server team for larger dinners and events
- Other duties as needed
- Degree from a recognized culinary program, or a college degree/hospitality certiﬁcations specializing in hotel/restaurant management, or equivalent experience is
Skills & Work Requirements:
- 7+ years’ experience as Executive Chef within a private family home, with varied catering and events
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food & beverage ﬁeld, including, but not limited to, food safety protocols, food handling compliance/certiﬁcations, budgeting, inventory management, maintenance of equipment, staﬃng,
- Experience in the development and implementation of procurement strategies and inventory systems.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Must have an active CA driver’s license
- Proﬁcient with Google Workspace
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time, without restrictions
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products, and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- May be required to work weekends, and/or Holidays
- Communication:Communicates clearly and concisely, both written and verbal. Able to communicate insights and understanding of issues or problems in a skillful way. Communicates important information to co-workers, supervisors, and managers
- Trustworthiness and integrity, always acting in the best interests of the owner
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Critical Thinking:Asks the right questions to obtain the information needed to size up a situation properly. Anticipates and responds to quickly to problems. Finds ways to get projects accomplished efficiently. Positively impacts the team by managing time effectively
- Attention to detail:The ability to listen to, and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Takes initiative
- Works well under time constraints
- Proactive: Goes above and beyond what needs to be done. Has the confidence to initiate action independently; addresses unexpected problems or opportunities without prompting
- Team Player:Connects with coworkers, leaders, and external vendors in an effective manner. Considers how his/her actions affect other groups or team members. Models a spirit of cooperation with other members of the work group. Works effectively and cooperatively across groups
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.