Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: San Francisco CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: LIVE-IN Nanny + Distance Learning Assistant for Family in Sea Cliff / Carmel
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (plus one night/week for babysitting)
Salary Amount or Range: $30-$35/hour D.O.E. + benefits ( health stipend, paid vacation, holidays, sick days)
Children: 5 and 8 year old boys
Pets: 1 chihuahua
Bay Area Region: San Francisco
START DATE: Flexible
This sweet family of four is seeking a relaxed, engaging Live-In Nanny for their two boys, ages 5 and 8. Mom is stay-at-home and is looking for an energetic nanny to help with distance learning, planning fun outdoor activities and general care for the children. Their 5-year-old has epilepsy and is high-energy, but is otherwise a normal kid who thrives off one-on-one time and loves the outdoors, science projects and riding his scooter. He has trouble staying focused in Zoom class, but loves learning when it’s done in an interesting, creative way. His seizures are managed with medication and a parent will usually be present in case of an emergency. Their 8-year-old is enrolled in a Chinese-immersion school. He is not fluent but is learning! He is active, loves science, soccer, hiking and looking for birds and raptors.
TRAVEL: Family splits their time between their homes in Carmel and Sea Cliff, and occasionally spends a week at their vacation home in Tahoe. They would like someone who is comfortable traveling with families and open to more domestic or international travel post-pandemic.
The Carmel home has a detached guest house with bedroom, living area, bathroom, laundry and half kitchen. There is a fridge, sink, toaster and tv. Any major cooking or baking can be done in the main house. Ample space for parking.
The Sea Cliff home is on the bottom floor and has a separate entrance with private bathroom and mini fridge. Kitchen is shared. Street parking is ample.
In Tahoe, the Nanny will have a private bed and bath. Kitchen is shared.
- 3 years minimum related experience as a private nanny with verifiable references
- Previous experience working with children with Autism preferred, but not required
- College degree
- Interest in Education
- Fluency in English
- Driver required (family can provide household car for use when working and insured under family’s policy)
- Must be exercising caution around the pandemic and following CDC guidelines
- Relaxed, easygoing
- Engaging; genuinely enjoys spending time with school-age kids
- Energetic and able to keep up with two young boys
- Travel-savvy; must be comfortable flying and traveling as needed with the family (domestic and international)
- Comfortable staying in Carmel or SF for long periods of time
- A background in education / interest in education is important
- Great at planning fun activities
- Proactive and quick to respond to emergency situations
- Assist with distance learning and work side by side with mom
- Plan activities for the kids
- Help with classwork / homework
- Help split up child care (take one child on a walk or to an activity for one-on-one time)
- Engage in learning and play
- Light tidying
- Meal prep for kids (no/low sugar foods; healthy simple meals)
- Comfortable working with children with special needs
- Excellent emergency response / performs well under stress
- Collaborates well with stay-at-home parent
- Excellent communication
- Adapts easily
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.