Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Oakland CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Loving Newborn Nanny for Family in Oakland (PT now-March and then FT in April)
Schedule: PT 20 hours a week until April and then the FT schedule will be Monday to Friday 7:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Salary Amount or Range: $35-$37/hour D.O.E. + standard benefits (paid vacation, sck days, holidays)
Children: 1-month-old baby
Bay Area Region: East Bay
A very sweet family in Oakland who just welcomed a new baby into their home is looking for a loving, engaging nanny who is available full time to focus on their son. They also have a 5-year-old daughter who may need overlap of care about 30 minutes a day. They have a FA who generally helps, but there will be occasions when the nanny will also need to provide care for her and/or pick her up from school. That being said, care is primarily for their baby boy.
Duties include preparing and washing bottles or bringing him to mom to breastfeed, tidying the nursery and common play areas, both children’s laundry, etc. As he gets older, they’d love for this person to proactively research and plan age-appropriate activities. Someone who is adventurous and outdoorsy who will take him to parks, sign him up for classes, and help him interact with other infants will be the best fit.
This family is looking for someone to start full-time in April (Monday to Friday 7:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. with the option for more hours if desired), but they can also bring someone on PT (20 hours a week) before then (as soon as next week) if someone is okay with working PT for now and then starting FT in April.
Ultimately the best person for them is open, warm, and will feel like part of the family. Nice to haves include flexibility to travel (domestic and international) a few times per year and willingness to offer occasional date nights or weekends.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a long-term match as the family is hoping to find someone to stay with them for at least the next two years, or longer.
- 2 years minimum experience working as a private nanny with verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- Must be fully COVID-vaccinated (including recent booster)
- TB and Tdap vaccinated
- CPR certified
- Valid driver; must have clean record (family can provide vehicle or candidate can use their own)
- Must be willing to take a COVID rapid test on Mondays (supplied by family)
- Experienced with newborns – toddlers and familiar with stages of child development
- Open and loving; loves working with babies
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Warm personality; friendly
- Feels like part of their village
- Willingness to travel (ideally but not a deal breaker)
- Okay with dogs (extended family visit once a month and have a friendly senior dog that they bring with them)
- Can make a long term commitment (ideally at least 2 years)
- Engaging with baby (singing, reading, talking, etc.)
- Washing, sanitizing and preparing bottles
- Feeding baby or bringing baby to mom to breastfeed
- Children’s laundry
- Light tidying pertaining to the children (nursery, common/play areas, kitchen after using, sanitizing and organizing toys, etc.)
- Research and plan age-appropriate classes and activities
- Take baby to parks, schedule play dates/interact with other kids, etc.
- Proactive – takes initiative to seek out and plan activities
- Excellent communication
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.