Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Palo Alto CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Palo Alto Family Seeks FT Experienced Caregiver for Elderly Gentleman
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30am-7:30pm
Salary Amount or Range: $100-$120k DOE
Bay Area Region: South Peninsula
Family in Palo Alto seeking trained and certified caregiver for their elderly father who is exhibiting the
mid-to-late stages of dementia. Expected schedule is Mon – Fri, 7:30 am – 7:30 pm.
The perfect candidate is someone who is genuine, trustworthy and willing to be a kind companion. Must have
excellent composure when dealing with family members, visitors and speaking with the medical industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the father’s healthcare with multiple health care providers at Stanford and PAMF, including: scheduling appointments, driving to and from appointments, speaking with doctors, understanding and dispensing daily medications, implementing different medical protocols, and proactively monitoring at home for any developing issues
- Monitor the father’s day to minimize fall risk, including shadowing, reminding about using a walker, and arranging the home and routine to maximize fall prevention
- Managing the father’s calendar and accompanying him to events, which include doctor visits, daily trips to the park with dog, regular phone calls, social outings, etc.
- Caring for the family dog, including meals, daily walks, and vet and grooming appointments
- Interacting and interfacing with building management, as needed
- Running errands such as grocery shopping
- Preparing or ordering lunch and evening meals
- Light housekeeping maintenance in between onsite housekeepers, including laundry.
- Working with family executive assistant as needed
- 5+ yrs in home health care
- 3+ yrs dementia or memory care
- California CNA certification, or higher
- CPR and first aid certification
- Active drivers license and excellent driving record
- Current vaccinations, including COVID
- Strong references
- Ability to develop excellent rapport with father
- Must be patient and compassionate
- Must be honest, committed and dependable
- Loves dogs (client has one cute one)
- Excellent Salary
- 10 paid holidays off
- 3 weeks (15 days) paid vacation per year
- Paid sick leave
- Live-in Possibility
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.