Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Palo Alto CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Palo Alto Multi-Staffed Family Seeks Experienced Housekeeper
Salary Amount or Range: $109,250/yr – $120,750/yr ($52.52/hr – $58.05/hr) Excellent Benefits Package Full medical, PTO, 401k
Bay Area Region: South Peninsula
Bay Area family is looking for a Housekeeper. This person will help maintain their primary residence(s) in Palo Alto as well as travel to other locations. They will be responsible for ensuring ensure standards are known across properties. The candidate must have experienced working in a fine home, demonstrating skills in all aspects of household cleaning, including hands-on care of fine furniture, floors, walls, artwork, glass doors and windows, lighting fixtures, fabrics, and more. Their primary focus will be to keep households clean, organized and in excellent condition as well as help to maintain and manage household inventories.
This position will require travel to various property locations, at times with short notice. Candidates must be flexible with no travel limitations 50% travel
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Keeping households clean, organized, and in excellent condition.
- Maintaining and managing household inventories.
- Notifying the Executive Housekeeper of any necessary repairs in the homes or for appliances.
- Running household errands, such as grocery shopping, shopping for household supplies, and any requests as needed.
- Assisting with parties and gatherings, which includes any errands, extra shopping, and day after cleanings
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuum and clean carpets, rugs, draperies, and upholstery.
- Dust, clean, and polish furniture, fixtures and fittings, and surfaces.
- Empty and clean trash containers, disposing of trash in a sanitary manner.
- Clean basins, mirrors, tubs, and showers.
- Tidy rooms, make up beds and change linens as required.
- Wash windows as required.
- Sort, wash, and load, and unload laundry.
- Iron and press laundry, including clothing and linen.
- Sort, fold, and put away clean laundry.
- Operate cleaning equipment as required.
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in safe and sanitary working condition.
- Care for household pets – schedule and take to appointments, purchase food, and make sure inventory is stocked.
- Wash dishes, and clean kitchen and appliances.
- Maintain organized garage.
- Maintain organized outdoor areas, including covering barbeque grills when away from the house, and covering outdoor furniture (i.e., family is out of town, weather, etc).
- Answer door/telephone professionally
- Sweep and mop floors
- Other duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a related field preferred.
Skills & Work Requirements
- 3+ years working in a private home.
- Travel minimum 50% to additional properties (in/out of state).
- Excellent judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to understand owner preferences/expectations.
- Trustworthiness and integrity, always acting in the best interest of the family.
- Respect for, and emphasis on, confidentiality and privacy regarding the family’s private life.
- Fluent in English and able to communicate well both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent references required from both current and previous employers.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling.
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
- May be required to work weekends, and/or Holidays.
- Communication: Communicates clearly and concisely, both written and verbal. Able to communicate insights and understanding of issues or problems in a skillful way. Communicates important information to coworkers, supervisors, and managers.
- Trustworthiness and integrity, always acting in the best interests of the owner
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Critical Thinking: Asks the right questions to obtain the information needed to size up a situation properly. Anticipates and responds to quickly to problems. Finds ways to get projects accomplished efficiently. Positively impacts the team by managing time effectively.
- Attention to detail: The ability to listen to, and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Takes initiative
- Works well under time constraints
- Proactive: Goes above and beyond what needs to be done. Has the confidence to initiate action independently; addresses unexpected problems or opportunities without prompting
- Team Player: Connects with coworkers, leaders, and external vendors in an effective manner. Considers how his/her actions affect other groups or team members. Models a spirit of cooperation with other members of the work group. Works effectively and cooperatively across groups.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.