Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Palo Alto CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Palo Alto Multi-Staffed Family Seeks Sporty and Engaging Career Nanny
Salary Amount or Range: $99,275/yr – $109,725/yr ($47.73/hr – $52.75/hr) Full medical dental vision, PTO, 401k
Bay Area Region: South Peninsula
Bay Area family is looking for a Nanny. This person will be responsible for creating and providing a safe, caring, nurturing, and stimulating environment in which a child can develop. The Nanny will also collaborate with the parents to plan and prepare meals, organize activities and outings, and arrange for transportation.
This position will require travel to various property locations, at times with short notice. Candidates must be flexible with no travel limitations. 75% of the position is travel
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child.
- Organize creative activities and educational games.
- Ensure children’s safety during indoor and outdoor activities.
- Support family during local visits to friends’ homes, restaurants, events and other family activities.
- Plan, monitor, and maintain rest, bed and nap times.
- Assist with bedtime routine including bathing, dressing, reading, and putting the child down when parents are not available.
- Prepare and administer children’s meals and snacks.
- Perform housekeeping tasks related to childcare, such as cleaning feeding supplies, clean up after meals, and tidy play areas.
- Bathe children, change diapers (if applicable), and facilitate the transition through toddler potty training.
- Contribute to teaching the children manners and other socially appropriate behavior.
- Take care of children in case of injury or illness.
- Maintain an organized diaper bag stocked with items the child frequently uses while out in public.
- Support other nannies in maintaining schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in childhood development or equivalent and/or experience in a related field preferred.
- Training in Montessori education preferred
Skills & Work Requirements
- 5+ years of experience working as a Nanny.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision from parents.
- Self-starter with good communication and judgment skills.
- Knowledgeable and proactive with developmental stages and proactive in teaching children.
- Adept at working in a team environment, experience in a staffed home.
- Understand importance of maintaining balance of warmth and professionalism; not overly talkative.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent/sound judgement.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Flexibility to travel domestically or internationally.
- CPR Certified, vaccinations required, immunizations
- Must be able to work around dogs.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Regularly required to talk or hear; effectively communicate with the Children and Employer.
- Frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to move about the Residence.
- Occasionally lift, transport, and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to care for energetic and active Children.
- Communication: Communicates clearly and concisely, both written and verbal. Able to communicate insights and understanding of issues or problems in a skillful way. Communicates important information to coworkers, supervisors, and managers.
- Trustworthiness and integrity, always acting in the best interests of the owner
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Critical Thinking: Asks the right questions to obtain the information needed to size up a situation properly. Anticipates and responds to quickly to problems. Finds ways to get projects accomplished efficiently. Positively impacts the team by managing time effectively.
- Attention to detail: The ability to listen to, and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Takes initiative
- Works well under time constraints
- Proactive: Goes above and beyond what needs to be done. Has the confidence to initiate action independently; addresses unexpected problems or opportunities without prompting
- Team Player: Connects with coworkers, leaders, and external vendors in an effective manner. Considers how his/her actions affect other groups or team members. Models a spirit of cooperation with other members of the work group. Works effectively and cooperatively across groups.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.