Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Oakland CA
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Private Office
Position: Part-time Personal Assistant for Busy Mom in Oakland
Schedule: 16 to 24 hours a week
Salary Amount or Range: $55-$65 an hour
Children: two children ages 3 and 1
Bay Area Region: East Bay
Part-time Assistant Position for Busy Professional Family. This is not a remote position. We have been assisting our client for 5 years as her family grows. Candidate will be responsible for household projects, such as getting the home disaster-ready, help with hiring an interior designer, creating a house binder, organizing the cellar and garage, following up with the handyman to make sure projects are moving forward, and so on. Candidate will support the principal’s daily needs including preparing for travel, booking baby equipment, confirming reservations, researching and preparing documents.
– 5+ years working for a family office and/or as an EA in corporate setting
– Fluency in English
– Knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting a plus.
– Knowledge of tax preparation a plus.
– Familiarity with real estate, rental property management, rent control laws, and/or home improvement a plus
– Ability to speak and write professionally. Position involves communicating with many professional service providers that principal deals with.
– Proficiency with Apple products
– Must have smart phone with reliable battery and data plan
– Ability to maintain strict confidentiality is required
– Experience working in a multi-staffed home a plus
– Experience as a business owner or experience doing business consulting a big plus
– HR experience a plus
– Strong references
– Create house binder
– Organize cellar
– Organize garage
– Follow-up with handyman to make sure he is still moving forward
– Process mail
– Prepare returns for mailing
– Getting supplies needed to travel, booking baby equipment, and confirming reservations
– Researching how to get a Real ID and preparing documents for DMV appointment to do so
Real Estate Investment Management Support
– Generate monthly rental property financial report. Data for this report is distilled from a longer, hard copy report mailed to principal monthly. Spreadsheet skills required.
– Review report with principal. Look for upcoming vacancies, major expenses, and major upcoming financial events; check on cash flow; create action items, and work on action items
– Communicate with principal’s real estate team of property manager, sales agent, lender, and contractor
– Take care of other tasks related to managing principal’s real estate investments
Personal Finance Management Support
– Generate monthly household spending report using Quickbooks
– Review report with principal. Identify mis-categorized transactions and problem solve suspense items.
– Create and work on action items needed
– Create cash spending report for bookkeeper
– Prepare principal for bi-weekly calls with bookkeeper
– Work on action items that come out of call with bookkeeper
– Help principal get through monthly financial checklist
– Communicate with bookkeepers, accountants, and bankers
– Manage bill paying and auto-pay accounts
– Take care of other tasks related to managing principal’s personal finances
– Organize, scan, upload, and file tax documents
– Ability to use Quickbooks to create reports, navigate in the system, search in the system, and make minor fixes to transactions.
– Ability to make and use spreadsheets
– Critical thinking skills and problem solving skills
– Ability to interact with companies in order to get good customer service. For example, can you call an upholstery company and express disappointment that my rug was damaged and work things out with them until both parties are satisfied with the outcome?
– Good at making lists and working on them
– Good at organizing things
– Good at organizing people and events a plus