Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Menlo Park CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Proactive Family Assistant for 8-year-old Twins in Menlo Park
Schedule: Monday-Tuesday-Friday 11 a.m. – 7 or 8 p.m. with potential for more hours on Weds/Thurs depending on the week
Salary Amount or Range: $40/hour D.O.E. + Standard benefits (paid vacation, sick days, holidays) + health stipend
Children: 8-year-old twins
Pets: 2 dogs
Bay Area Region: Mid Peninsula
A family with 8-year-old twins (boy and girl) is seeking a Family Assistant to help with childcare for their twins in the afternoon as well as household tasks. They have a 14-year-old as well but he is self-sufficient so care is primarily for their younger two. The kids get out of school at 3 p.m. and have a variety of extra-curriculars (gymnastics, basketball, martial arts). In the afternoons the FA will be responsible for picking the twins up from school in San Mateo and driving them to activities, then bringing them home and helping with dinner, bath and bedtime routines. The children are very active, energetic, bright and get along very well (except the occasional sibling spat here and there).
Household tasks include light housekeeping (cleaning up after meals, vacuuming high-traffic areas, organizing), family laundry, running errands and planning/preparing dinner for the family. Their ideal candidate is proactive – someone who notices what needs to be done and takes initiative. Additionally they would like this person to housesit when they are out of town and help take care of their two senior dogs.
The twins will be at the house with their dad Mondays, Tuesdays and every other Friday (the other days/weekends they stay with their mom in San Mateo). The FA will only be employed under the father.
- 2 years minimum experience as a Family Assistant with verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- COVID, TB and Tdap vaccinated
- CPR Certified
- Valid driver with clean record (family prefers candidate to use their own vehicle but is open to providing one for the right person)
- Very detail-oriented
- Driving the twins to / from school and activities
- Implement structure and establish expectations / boundaries
- Keep children on task
- Light housekeeping (cleaning up after meals, tidying, cleaning the kids’ rooms, etc.)
- Vacuuming high-traffic areas
- Prepping and preparing meals for the kids and for the family
- Meal planning
- Running errands: dry cleaning, groceries, household essentials, etc.
- Occasional pet care (feeding, letting the dogs out in the yard)
- House sitting for the family when they are out of town (bringing in packages, taking care of the dogs, etc.)
- Laundry for the kids, but ideally the whole family
- Help as needed with scheduling and appts
- Excellent communication
- Detail oriented
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.