Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: San Francisco CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Proactive + Savvy Family Assistant for Busy Household in Pac Heights [FILLED]
Schedule: Family can guarantee 15 – 40 hours per week depending on candidate’s preference. End time is 5 or 6 p.m. (see below for more detail)
Salary Amount or Range: $40-$45/hour D.O.E. + Standard benefits (paid vacation, sick days, holidays) + health stipend
Children: 8 and 11 years old
Pets: 1 x dog
Bay Area Region: San Francisco
Start date: ideally by April 1st (flexible)
A family in Pac Heights is seeking a PT or FT family assistant (must be willing to work at least 3 days per week), who can handle organizing appointments, scheduling household maintenance (proactively), running errands, and helping with childcare. They have two children, 8 and 11, who are mostly at school during the week, but need occasional camp counselor type babysitting, as well as picking them up from school and scheduling/keeping track of their activities.
The best person for them is comfortable using Google Suite and has experience managing kids’ busy calendars, is punctual and proactive with excellent communication skills. It’s important to find someone who has experience working with school-age children and who feels like part of the family. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking a longterm commitment as the family forsees needing this person for a few years.
The schedule can be PT or FT.
Part-Time: Role will be more focused on driving the kids with some flexible hours for calendaring, scheduling household mainteance, etc. Must be at least 3 days a week and include afternoons. Suggested schedule is 3-5 days per week from 12 p.m. to 5 or 6 p.m.
Full-time: Role will focus on driving the kids + more household organization (see detail list of responsibilities below). This schedule requires afternoons 5 days per week guaranteeing up to 40 hours. Some tasks can be done remotely such as scheduling and communication, but must be in person for childcare and checking in on the home, meeting vendors, etc.
- 2 years experience working as a Family Assistant with excellent verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- Fully COVID-vaccinated including booster
- TB and Tdap vaccines
- CPR Certified
- Valid driver with clean record (family prefers candidate willing to use their own vehicle and will reimburse for gas, alternatively they have a 2nd car available that is stick shift)
- Helpful, pitch in
- Computer + tech savvy
- Efficient with Google Suite + Calendar
- Proactive + takes iniative
- Punctual + reliable
- Punctuality important
- Enjoys working with kids, ensures their safety, and is empathetic
- Outdoorsy + loves to explore and follow kids’ interests
- Can make a long term commitment
- Picking up kids from school
- Occasional babysitting / care for the kids
- Keeping kids on top of their responsibilities
- Handle calendaring (scheduling and tracking kids’ appointments and activities) + communicate with parents about timelines
- Handle communication with school
- Running errands
- Pitch in around the house where needed (holiday decor, organizing pantry, cleaning up after kids/keeping kids responsible, etc.)
- Organization (kids’ schedules, clothing, sports equipment, etc.)
- Occasionally help with dog care
- Keep home stocked with essentials
- Proactively scheduling / meeting vendors for household maintenance
- Heavy calendar management
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.