Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Half Moon Bay CA
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Estate Staff
Position: PT Dinner Chef for Family in Half Moon Bay [FILLED]
Schedule: Hours are 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. three days per week (flexible on which days; suggested Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday)
Salary Amount or Range: Up to $100/hour
Children: 3 young children
Pets: A large (very well trained) German Shepherd dog, and two outdoor cats (chef would have minimal interaction with the cats).
Bay Area Region: Other
A family in Half Moon Bay is seeking a PT chef with 5-10 years experience to prepare dinner three times per week as well as prepping health lunches and snacks. They are seeking someone with both private and high-end restaurant experience. The chef should be knowledgeable in different cuisines (Italian, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Mexican, etc.) and experience with Indian or Pakistani cooking is especially appreciated. Someone with serving experience who can adapt recipes for a range of palates (adventurous adults, picky toddlers) and is clean, organized and friendly will be the best fit.
Responsibilities including menu planning, preparing and serving dinner, cleaning up and maintaining kitchen cleanliness, stocking and replenishing the pantry, etc.
The schedule is three days per week 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. The family is flexible on which days; their suggestion is Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.
- 5-10 years’ private chef experience with excellent verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- Frequently communicates with others; must be able to accurately and effectively exchange information
- Frequently moves objects weighing up to 55 pounds
- Frequently operates kitchen equipment
- Frequently remains in a stationary position
- Frequently moves around the residence to perform job duties
- Frequently detects and distinguishes flavors when preparing meals
- Valid driver with unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be clean, organized, and pleasant in the kitchen
- Blend of private and high-end restaurant experience preferred
- Knowledge in different cuisines (Italian, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Mexican, etc.)
- Knowledge of Indian or Pakistani cooking is especially appreciated
- Specialty in healthy eating – lots of seasonal fruits and vegetables, lean meats and fish
- Serving experience
- Experience adapting recipes for a range of palates (adventurous adults, picky toddlers)
- Clean, organized, and friendly
- Cooking and serving dinner 5:30 pm, preparation as needed
- Prepping healthy lunch and snacks for adults for the next day – e.g. salads
- Prepping healthy snacks for children and adults
- Menu planning
- Cooking with whole foods as much as possible, organic fruits and vegetables, items from our vegetable garden, humanely raised meats and fish. Dedication to sourcing what is fresh and in season.
- Checking for expired items
- Agreement to accommodate dietary requests and preferences of family and guests
- Manage the kitchen – stocking, and replenishing, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Shopping for the menu, other items as requested
- Cleaning all dishes used to cook dinner/prep food
- Helping to maintain a clean kitchen and an organized refrigerator, especially around the dishes/leftovers prepared on the job. Housekeeping does a deeper clean
- Maintaining kitchen inventory and purchasing as needed
- Reporting any equipment issues immediately to family
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and must have the competencies listed above. The above job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of all duties and standards of the position. The job description may be changed at any time at the discretion of the Company, and/or Company may request employee to perform job duties that are not listed on the job description. In accordance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be granted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.