Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Redwood City CA
Job Type: Full Time
Position: TEMP Family Assistant / Cook for Unique Position w/ 2 Teens in San Carlos
Schedule: Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Salary Amount or Range: $35-$40/hour D.O.E.
Children: 14 and 17 year old
Pets: 2 dogs, 4 rats and 2 guinea pigs
Bay Area Region: Mid Peninsula
Seeking an experienced Family Assistant / Cook with nutritional background to prepare prescribed meal plans for two teenagers (14-year-old girl and 17-year-old boy) with eating disorders. Both children are under professional medical care. They need someone kind and patient, yet firm to prepare breakfast, snacks and lunch and ensure they are eating. Their ideal candidate is compassionate, empathetic and has previous experience working in a similar capacity or has a background in nutrition and/or psychology.
The children are both learning from home, but are responsible with their school work and do not require much oversight. This position will mainly focus on meeting their nutritional needs and providing emotional support. Parents are separated, but both work remotely from their respective homes and are available during the day if needed.
This position is temporary (approximately 4 months) with the opportunity to extend to a 1-year commitment.
- 2 years minimum related experience working with teens / as a cook in a similar capacity
- Most provide 3-5 verifiable references
- Fluency in English
- Educational background in nutrition / psychology preferred
- Background in nutrition
- Experience working with teens
- Driver required (family can provide household car for errands / grocery shopping)
- Kind and patient, but firm
- Strong personality
- Follow prescribed meal plans
- Prepare and plate:
- Morning snack
- Afternoon snack
- Grocery shopping / light errands
- Cleaning up kitchen after use
- Light tidying
- Excellent communication skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.