Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing’s Client
Location: Woodside CA
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Estate Staff
Position: Woodside Executive Seeks Versatile Housemanager/Family Assistant
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7am-7pm and on call as needed
Salary Amount or Range: $55/hr DOE one week paid vacation, holidays, sick days and health stipend
Children: Two Boys ages 11 and 13 years old
Bay Area Region: South Peninsula
Busy executive and long term client of Aunt Ann’s is seeking a unique individual who possesses the ability to support his executive functions and also assist with family assistant duties in the household. In this capacity you will be expected to perform the duties and functions normally and customarily expected of an Executive and Family Assistant. Such duties include general office tasks, maintenance, and organization. As a busy executive, the principal also requires your assistance in performing his child-care responsibilities and general household tasks. This may include providing child-care for the children and organizing their after-school commitments, schedules, and other child-centric activities. Prepare and serve meals including breakfast, lunches for children and dinners for family. Interact and cooperate with any housekeeper, facility manager or other staff as may be required from time to time.
5 plus years of experience working in a private home with excellent references
College degree required
Priority given to candidates with fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- Executive Assistant: Perform the functions normally and customarily expected of an assistant to a busy executive.
- Childcare: Provide a loving, nurturing, educational environment for two children. Ensure homework/reading is done and provide help when needed and able. Ensure musical instruments are practiced. Foster the development of children’s personal hygiene, manners and responsibility. Organize playdates with friends and help coordinate children’s schedules. Limit TV, computer and electronic device usage to a minimum except when necessary for school assignments.
- Family Assistant: Manage family calendar using Google Calendar shared family calendar. Plan and coordinate sports team participation and after school activity signups. Encourage exploring new healthy/enriching activities. Help coordinate regular health appointments such as doctor, dentist, orthodontist appointments, etc. Help plan and coordinate summer activities and camps. Take kids clothes shopping when needed. Assist with vacation travel planning. Interact and coordinate with parents of children’s friends & teammates on schedules, events and carpools.
- Transportation: Provide transportation for the children to and from schools, activities and run errands for the family. Transport children and fellow carpoolers to or from school via use of family car. Executive and Family Assistant must demonstrate proof of a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, and adequate personal insurance coverage.
- House management: Oversee organization of our home. Manage deliveries and some vendors scheduling. Execute regular organization and cleanout projects, including home office, kids’ closets, shed, etc.
- Household Cleaning: Provide light housekeeping such as cleaning dishes, sweeping kitchen floor, children’s laundry as required, putting away children’s belongings (this should first be asked of the children), and keeping their rooms tidy with help from the children. In general, helping to keep the house tidy. Heavy cleaning will be handled by house cleaner.
- Grocery Shopping and Errands: Grocery shopping should be done to keep kitchen and house stocked with the basics as well as with breakfast and lunch foods for the children. The children can be included in the process of choosing foods and cooking. The home assistant may be asked to run errands and perform tasks including dry-cleaning, children’s birthday presents, and general household items the children or family may need. If possible this should be done while the children are in school. Receipts should be saved and filed for review.
- Pet care: Proactively care for dog
- Cooking: Family Assistant is responsible for preparing healthy dinners for the family during father’s parenting time and do grocery shopping. Provide a healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks for the children as needed.
- Communication: Communicate regularly and frequently with the family regarding health, safety, school, daily activities, development and other topics pertinent to the children and family. Communicate updates from teachers and other parents.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.inhousestaffing.com.